Preconception Care — A functional medicine and mind-body approach to pregnancy
Can you imagine going on a trip without knowing if you were heading to the beach or the mountains? You pack sun dresses, sandals and a good book planning to relax; yet upon arrival you discover you need a jacket, backpack and hiking gear. Mentally and physically, you are not prepared. While it might end up being a good time, it would obviously be a better vacation if you prepared in advance. The same is true for getting pregnant.
Join us on September 29, 2018 and learn how you can prepare yourself to enter pregnancy in your optimal health.
Preconception care is essential to keep you healthy, fertile and ready to welcome a pregnancy. The National Institutes of Health says that, “taking steps to make sure you are healthy and avoiding exposure to harmful behaviors and toxins before you get pregnant can decrease the chances of problems during pregnancy and improve the health of your child.”
This seminar will cover topics such as:
- Mind-body techniques — How to use these to create a greater sense of well-being, stabilize hormone levels, and improve your immune system and egg quality
- Stress and fertility — Learn how stress affects the functioning of the hypothalamus gland (the control center of reproductive activity) and steps you can take to manage emotional stress
- Deep breathing techniques — Learn how to do deep breathing exercises and why they are essential
- Yoga — How yoga for fertility can create inner peace and calm
- Lifestyle choices — Learn why it’s important to get healthy before you get pregnant and the steps you can take to improve your lifestyle before conceiving
- Nutrition — What dietary changes you can make to optimize nutrition
- Toxins — How toxins affect fertility and what you can do to reduce your toxin load
- Sleep — Why it’s important and how you can improve the quality of your sleep
Preconception Care Workshop
September 29, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Green Heiress Holistic Health
209 Commercial Avenue
Aspinwall, PA 15215
Nancy Lishack, M.Ed., founder of Calm Waters Holistic Healing trained with Dr. Alice Domar, Director of the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health, Director of Integrative Care at Boston IVF and Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School. She’ll share research-based mind/body techniques that teach how your mind can influence your wellness.
Dr. Mary Diana Davis, a board certified internal medicine physician and founder of Suma Medicine, specializes in functional medicine and has a passion for helping patients enhance their health, preconception wellness and fertility. Dr. Davis’ mission, and the focus of her presentations, is to help patients improve their health, fertility and ultimately the health of
Diane Feliciani, M.Ed., a registered yoga teacher, has taught Stress Reduction Through Mindfulness seminars to teachers as well as business professionals including Nationwide Insurance and K&L Gates. Moving mindfully and practicing breath-work is the core of her current yoga practice.
Registration is required. Join us!
Please register by September 20, 2018
INVITE A FRIEND.
If you know someone who is interested in learning how to maintain optimal health before one becomes pregnant, you may want to reach out and invite a friend to this workshop.
- A 50% cancellation fee (based on individual rate or couple rate) will be made if notice is received less than 48 hours before the scheduled workshop date.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations received the same day of this workshop.